Virtual reality can be an effective way to help adult and pediatric patients manage pain while in the hospital or after discharge.
Virtual reality has proven to be effective in reducing pain and anxiety during procedures, burn or wound management, in labor and delivery and in other settings. VR is helpful in patients experiencing acute and chronic pain.
Virtual Reality may be helpful with the following:
- Decreased pain and anxiety without medication
- Reduced drug-related side effects
- Enhanced treatment experience
- Reduced perception of procedure/wait times
- Shorter recovery times
- Increased patient satisfaction scores