A a comprehensive tool for pain management in hospital, EMS and emergency settings for adult and pediatric patients.
The PAMI Pain Management and Dosing Guide is a free tool for use by health care providers in hospital, EMS, or acute care settings. Content was developed after extensive literature review of pain, sedation, and analgesia medications for acute pain, chronic pain and procedural sedation in all ages. The guide was developed and reviewed by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, pain specialists, and pharmacists. Dosing ranges should be used as a general guide and adapted to specific patient characteristics such as age and comorbidities. The guide includes oral, nasal, parenteral and topical medications for acute and chronic pain, anxiety, and procedural sedation as well as patient safety, discharge planning and nonpharmacologic management information.
Pain Management and Dosing Guide includes:
• Stepwise Approach to Pain Management and Procedural Sedation
• Non-opioid Analgesics, Opioid Prescribing and Equianalgesic Chart and Opioid Cross-Sensitivities
• Intranasal and Nebulized Medications
• Procedural Sedation and Analgesia (PSA) Medications
• Pain Management, Discharge and Patient Safety Considerations
• Nerve Blocks, Neuropathic and Muscle Relaxer Medications
• Ketamine Indications and Dosing
• Topical and Transdermal Medications
• Nonpharmacologic Interventions
Download the Guide (prints best as legal size 8.5″ x 14″):
On September 9, 2020, the PAMI team published the latest version of the Guide. We welcome your clinical review and feedback on the 2020 version.
Take a video tour of the dosing guide
In return for this resource, the PAMI team would like your feedback on the dosing guide including how it has improved patient care and safety. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a limited supply of laminated trifold pocket cards for health care facilities and providers. If interested, please call 904-244-4986 for further information.