Download the PowerPoint Presentation of this module, last updated: May 20, 2019
Pain Assessments Mnemonics
Pain Assessment Scales
- Neonatal Pain, Agitation, and Sedation Scale (N-PASS)
- Neonatal/Infant Pain Scale (NIPS)
- Neonatal Facial Coding System (NFCS)
- Faces, Legs, Activity, Cry and Consolability (FLACC)
- Revised FLACC
- Non Communicating Children’s Pain Checklist (NCCPC-R)
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Pain Scale (CHEOPS)
- Wong-Baker Faces scale
- Numerical Rating Scale (NRS)
- Visual Analog Scale (VAS)
Presentation: Management and Assessment of Pain in the Emergency Department at UF Jacksonville COM Grand Rounds, by Dr. Phyllis Hendry, October 2015.
Documentaries and Videos
A Car with Four Flat Tires – American Chronic Pain Association: video that discuss how a person with pain is like a car with four flat tires.