This AI-PAMI Patient & Caregiver live webinar on “Using Chair Yoga to Find Pain Relief” was recorded on August 11, 2021. Natalie Spindle, MS, CHES®, RYT200, provides an overview of yoga and the common components of a westernized yoga class (asana, pranayama, dyana). She then explains modifications for making yoga more accessible through the use of chair yoga and props. Part of this presentation contains a chair yoga demonstration class (begins at 22 minutes).
Presentation Slide Deck
Table of Contents
- What is yoga?
- Physical Postures: asanas
- Breathing techniques: pranayama
- Meditation: dyana
- Research backing yoga
- Making yoga accessible
- Chair yoga
- Yoga Resources
- Yoga Alliance
- What Are Mind-Body Therapies?
- What You Need to Know About Yoga
- The Eight Limbs of Yoga Explained
Yoga and Breathing Instruction Videos
- Breathing Exercises for Stress
- Chair Yoga for All Ages
- Yoga to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Yoga for Back Pain Relief
- Yoga for Arthritis Conditions
- Use of yoga, meditation, and chiropractors among U.S. adults aged 18 and older
- Tai chi exercise for treatment of pain and disability in people with persistent low back pain: a randomized controlled trial
- Effects of yoga on patients with chronic nonspecific neck pain. A PRISMA systematic review and meta-analysis