This presentation on aromatherapy is presented by Douglas Suffield, MAcOM, Pain Education Specialist at UF Health Jacksonville. Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants (flowers, herbs, or trees) as an integrative health approach. Doug provides an overview of aromatherapy and essential oils, their benefit and safe usage. Aromatherapy has been researched in association with pain management as well as stress and anxiety reduction. There is research supporting the benefit of the use of essential oils for labor and delivery patients, especially.
Presentation Slide Deck:
Table of Contents:
- What is Aromatherapy?
- What is an Essential Oil?
- Case Scenarios
- Applications for Essential Oils
- Discussion of Available Research
- Common Varieties and Purpose
- Case Scenario Conclusions
- Safe Usage
- Evaluating Essential Oils When Purchasing