- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
PAMI releases new Joint Commission Pain Standards Resource Effective January 2018, The Joint Commission has established New and Revised Standards Related to Pain Assessment and Management. PAMI—The Pain Assessment […]Read More
Multi-use, durable and helpful cards to assist in communication with children and families who are non-verbal or non-English speaking.Download cards here!
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!Download Materials NOW!
NEW!!! PAMI and The Joint Commission Pain Standards1
Medical Communication Cards2
Distraction Toolkit and Nonpharmacologic Techniques3
PAMI releases new Joint Commission Pain Standards Resource Effective January 2018, The Joint Commission has established New and Revised Standards Related to Pain Assessment and Management. PAMI—The Pain Assessment […]
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!
PAMI Top Resources- Quick Links
- Learning Modules (click this link to register or log into the PAMI online course) PAMI module topics: (Each module is 2 credit hours.)
You DO NOT need to take modules in listed order!
Pharmacologic Treatment of Pain in the ED
Acute Pain Management in the Emergency and Acute Care Settings
Pre-hospital and EMS Management of Pain
Procedural Sedation and Analgesia (PSA) in Adults and Children
Pediatric Pain in Acute Care Settings
Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Pain
For PAMI and general inquiries:
Raina Davidman, MBA, LPN, EMT
University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville
Department of Emergency Medicine Division of Research
655 West 8th Street
Jacksonville, FL 32209
PAMI is on social media!
Funding is provided by Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association (FMMJUA)
Breaking Pain Related News
Link to access the new E-FORCSE® website: https://florida.pmpaware.net/
- Opioid-Related Critical Care Resource Use in US Children’s Hospitals
- Pediatric Screening Tool Predicts Transformation of Acute Pain to Chronic Pain
- Emergency Department Contribution to the Prescription Opioid Epidemic
- Better Sleep=Reduced PTSD and Associated Chronic Pain in Children
- Trigger Point Diagnosis At Last, the First Word on Consensus
- FDA Revises Cough and Cold Product Labeling to Limit Pediatric Use
- Game On: Virtual Reality as Pain Treatment Shows Promise in Early Trials
- The Joint Commission Enhances Pain Assessment and Management Requirements for Accredited Hospitals
American Pain Society
- All rules for study are summed up in this one: Learn only in order to create.
December 12, 2018
Friedrich Schelling, philosopher
- Hear about advancements in science that impact your practice and earn CEs
December 12, 2018
We've scheduled several sessions focused on the central theme "Combating the Opioid Epidemic through Innovations in the Treat -More-
Pain Medicine News
- Costs Rise Despite Decreases in LOS In 10-Year SCS Implantation Trends
December 18, 2018
New York—Data analysis bears out a counterintuitive, inverse relationship between the length of stay (LOS) and cost of spinal cord stimulation (SCS) surgery.
- Short Sleep Duration Linked to LBP During, After Pregnancy
December 17, 2018
An analysis of data from the National Health Interview Survey has found an association between prevalent low back pain and short sleep duration in women with a current or recent pregnancy in the...
- American Academy of Pain Medicine 2018 Clinical Predictors for Emergency Department Revisits for Pain; Dr. Sophia Sheikh et al.
January 2018: Pain Week Podcasts
- Why Emergency Departments Love Ketamine
- Child Life 101 for Emergency Departments and Emergency Care Providers
- Case Scenarios in ED Pain Management: Don't Let First Impressions Fool You!
- How to Complete a Rapid Pain Assessment in a Busy ED
- Pain Week Journal (PWJ) The Challenges of Assessing Pain in a Busy Emergency Department by Sophia Sheikh & Phyllis Hendry
- Action News Jax reports on the Distraction Toolkit
- Podcast: Cover2 Resources Dr. Hendry explains how PAMI provides both physicians and patients with free access to pain management education to include videos, dosing guides, and discharge plans to make sure patients are fully aware of their options.
- New 4 Jax interviews Dr. Hendry about our Distraction Toolbox
VIDEOs: Pain Week--Expert Opinion
Drs. Hendry and Sheikh, principle and sub-investigators for PAMI and both of whom work in emergency medicine, discuss pain as the 5th vital sign, what has changed and what needs to change in the ED.
See more at http://www.painweek.org