- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
As part of our Discharge Planning Toolkit, we have created educational pain videos. They can be viewed from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Click here to watch our videos! […]Click Here To Watch!
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!Download Materials NOW!
October 2017- Just released new short video touring the updated Dosing Guide. View the video and download your FREE Dosing Guide!Click HERE to watch!
JUST ADDED! Educational Pain Videos1
Exploring Nonpharmacologic, Child Life & Distraction Toolbox Techniques2
NEW VIDEO! Tour the Pain Management and Dosing Guide3
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!
October 2017- Just released new short video touring the updated Dosing Guide. View the video and download your FREE Dosing Guide!
PAMI Top Resources- Quick Links
- Learning Modules (click this link to register or log into the PAMI online course) PAMI module topics: (Each module is 2 credit hours.)
You DO NOT need to take modules in listed order!
Pharmacologic Treatment of Pain in the ED
Acute Pain Management in the Emergency and Acute Care Settings
Pre-hospital and EMS Management of Pain
Procedural Sedation and Analgesia (PSA) in Adults and Children
Pediatric Pain in Acute Care Settings
Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Pain
For PAMI and general inquiries:
Raina Davidman, Project Manager
University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville
Department of Emergency Medicine Division of Research
655 West 8th Street
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Funding is provided by Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association (FMMJUA)
Breaking Pain Related News
Sept 2017 Optimizing the Treatment of Acute Pain from Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Many chronic pain patients drop opioids for topical analgesic
January 10, 2018
- Exhibit at the premier pain event
January 10, 2018
Deliver valuable non-CE educational sessions to leaders in the pain community, and discuss your products and services with a -More-
- No Differences Seen Between Opioids, OTC Pain Drugs for Extremity Pain in ED
January 15, 2018
There were no clinically meaningful differences in pain reduction at two hours after ingestion among four oral analgesics—two opioids and two over-the-counter painkillers—to treat acute...
- FDA Approves SCS System With Multiple Therapy Options
January 12, 2018
The FDA approved the Spectra WaveWriter spinal cord stimulator (SCS) system (Boston Scientific), the first system to simultaneously provide paresthesia-based and sub-perception therapy.
- Pain Week Journal (PWJ) The Challenges of Assessing Pain in a Busy Emergency Department by Sophia Sheikh & Phyllis Hendry
- Action News Jax reports on the Distraction Toolkit
- Podcast: Cover2 Resources Dr. Hendry explains how PAMI provides both physicians and patients with free access to pain management education to include videos, dosing guides, and discharge plans to make sure patients are fully aware of their options.
VIDEOs: Pain Week--Expert Opinion
Drs. Hendry and Sheikh, principle and sub-investigators for PAMI and both of whom work in emergency medicine, discuss pain as the 5th vital sign, what has changed and what needs to change in the ED.
See more at http://www.painweek.org