- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
As part of our Discharge Planning Toolkit, we have created educational pain videos. They can be viewed from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Click here to watch our videos! […]Click Here To Watch!
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!Download Materials NOW!
October 2017- Just released new short video touring the updated Dosing Guide. View the video and download your FREE Dosing Guide!Click HERE to watch!
JUST ADDED! Educational Pain Videos1
Exploring Nonpharmacologic, Child Life & Distraction Toolbox Techniques2
NEW VIDEO! Tour the Pain Management and Dosing Guide3
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!
October 2017- Just released new short video touring the updated Dosing Guide. View the video and download your FREE Dosing Guide!
PAMI Top Resources- Quick Links
- Learning Modules (click this link to register or log into the PAMI online course) PAMI module topics: (Each module is 2 credit hours.)
You DO NOT need to take modules in listed order!
Pharmacologic Treatment of Pain in the ED
Acute Pain Management in the Emergency and Acute Care Settings
Pre-hospital and EMS Management of Pain
Procedural Sedation and Analgesia (PSA) in Adults and Children
Pediatric Pain in Acute Care Settings
Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Pain
For PAMI and general inquiries:
Raina Davidman, Project Manager
University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville
Department of Emergency Medicine Division of Research
655 West 8th Street
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Funding is provided by Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association (FMMJUA)
Breaking Pain Related News
Sept 2017 NEW Optimizing the Treatment of Acute Pain from Annals of Emergency Medicine
JUST RELEASED!! July 2017 The Joint Commission Enhances Pain Assessment and Management Requirements for Accredited Hospitals
July 13, 2017 A Virtual Approach to Real Pain The Wall Street Journal
- Pregabalin effective for hand osteoarthritis, study says
November 15, 2017
- Clinical and Basic Science Data Blitz
November 15, 2017
Submissions for the 2018 Data Blitz are now being accepted. -More-
- Virginia Commonwealth University Puts Pain, Addiction Education at Center of Medical Curriculum
November 17, 2017
In an attempt to better prepare physicians to address the opioid crisis in their practices, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine has begun to incorporate education about opioids...
- New Joint Commission Pain Standards a Good Start, but Devil’s in the Details: Experts
November 16, 2017
New and revised standards for pain assessment and management released by the Joint Commission are a positive move toward patient-centered care, experts said, adding that lack of specificity regarding...
- Pain Week Journal (PWJ) The Challenges of Assessing Pain in a Busy Emergency Department by Sophia Sheikh & Phyllis Hendry
- Action News Jax reports on the Distraction Toolkit
- Podcast: Cover2 Resources Dr. Hendry explains how PAMI provides both physicians and patients with free access to pain management education to include videos, dosing guides, and discharge plans to make sure patients are fully aware of their options.
VIDEOs: Pain Week--Expert Opinion
Drs. Hendry and Sheikh, principle and sub-investigators for PAMI and both of whom work in emergency medicine, discuss pain as the 5th vital sign, what has changed and what needs to change in the ED.
See more at http://www.painweek.org