- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
Effective January 2018, The Joint Commission has established New and Revised Standards Related to Pain Assessment and Management. PAMI—The Pain Assessment and Management Initiative has free resources to help […]Read More
These cards are a multi-use, helpful tool to assist in communication with children and families who are non-verbal or non-English speaking. 17 pages of cards with friendly emoji’s depicting common […]Read More
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!Download Materials NOW!
NEW!!! PAMI and The Joint Commission Pain Standards1
Medical Communication Cards2
Distraction Toolkit and Nonpharmacologic Techniques3
Effective January 2018, The Joint Commission has established New and Revised Standards Related to Pain Assessment and Management. PAMI—The Pain Assessment and Management Initiative has free resources to help […]
COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!! An innovative pilot course to learn new ways to manage pain and anxiety in children and adolescents…and adults too!
PAMI Top Resources- Quick Links
- Learning Modules (click this link to register or log into the PAMI online course) PAMI module topics: (Each module is 2 credit hours.)
You DO NOT need to take modules in listed order!
Pharmacologic Treatment of Pain in the ED
Acute Pain Management in the Emergency and Acute Care Settings
Pre-hospital and EMS Management of Pain
Procedural Sedation and Analgesia (PSA) in Adults and Children
Pediatric Pain in Acute Care Settings
Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Pain
For PAMI and general inquiries:
Raina Davidman, MBA, LPN, EMT
University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville
Department of Emergency Medicine Division of Research
655 West 8th Street
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Follow PAMI on Facebook!!
Funding is provided by Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association (FMMJUA)
Breaking Pain Related News
- Pediatric Screening Tool Predicts Transformation of Acute Pain to Chronic Pain
- Emergency Department Contribution to the Prescription Opioid Epidemic
- Better Sleep=Reduced PTSD and Associated Chronic Pain in Children
- Trigger Point Diagnosis At Last, the First Word on Consensus
- FDA Revises Cough and Cold Product Labeling to Limit Pediatric Use
- Game On: Virtual Reality as Pain Treatment Shows Promise in Early Trials
- The Joint Commission Enhances Pain Assessment and Management Requirements for Accredited Hospitals
American Pain Society
- National Quality Forum releases opioid prescribing guidance
March 14, 2018
The National Quality Forum released "The National Quality Partners Playbook: Opioid Stewardship," to help clinicians safely p -More-
- Become a member of APS and join a Shared Interest Group
March 14, 2018
Reap the benefits of APS membership and connect with peers who share your interests. APS has 18 Shared Interest Groups. -More-
Pain Medicine News
- Sagent Recalls Glucocorticoid Injections for Possible Impurity
March 16, 2018
Sagent Pharmaceuticals Inc. voluntarily announced a nationwide recall of 10 lots of a glucocorticoid injection due to high out-of-specification impurity results, according to an FDA press release.
- Legalized Recreational Cannabis Potentially Linked to Fewer Short-Term Opioid Deaths in Colorado
March 15, 2018
The legalization of recreational marijuana in Colorado is correlated with a short-term reduction in opioid-related deaths, a study has found. However, at least one critic said the study’s...
January 2018: Pain Week Podcasts
- Why Emergency Departments Love Ketamine
- Child Life 101 for Emergency Departments and Emergency Care Providers
- Case Scenarios in ED Pain Management: Don't Let First Impressions Fool You!
- How to Complete a Rapid Pain Assessment in a Busy ED
- Pain Week Journal (PWJ) The Challenges of Assessing Pain in a Busy Emergency Department by Sophia Sheikh & Phyllis Hendry
- Action News Jax reports on the Distraction Toolkit
- Podcast: Cover2 Resources Dr. Hendry explains how PAMI provides both physicians and patients with free access to pain management education to include videos, dosing guides, and discharge plans to make sure patients are fully aware of their options.
- New 4 Jax interviews Dr. Hendry about our Distraction Toolbox
VIDEOs: Pain Week--Expert Opinion
Drs. Hendry and Sheikh, principle and sub-investigators for PAMI and both of whom work in emergency medicine, discuss pain as the 5th vital sign, what has changed and what needs to change in the ED.
See more at http://www.painweek.org